RE: [TR] Seat Belts for the TR6

To: "emanteno@comcast.net" <emanteno@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Seat Belts for the TR6
From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 15:44:36 -0500
I too have put the Securon 500/30 seat belts in my TR6. The difference was
in the length of the receiver stalk. Mine fit and function very well. No
regrets.

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6
1980 TR8
Osseo, MN

> Subject: [TR] Seat Belts for the TR6
>
> I think it's time for new seat belts in my TR6. I still have the original
Kangols in there, and they look sunfaded and weak. I went to the Securon
website (www.securon.co.uk) , they are a UK manufacturer of seat belts.
They recommend their model 514/30 for the TR6. I ordered a set from Moss
UK, and Moss UK says that Securon is wrong, and that the ones I want for
the TR6 are model 500/30. The difference between the 2 versions is that the
500/30 comes with about 9" longer webbing. Moss UK doesn't say why they
think the 500/30 is correct, just that it is.

===     http://www.vtr.org