Re: [TR] Best outside temperature for installing a new soft top

To: supertr6@earthlink.net, spitlist@cox.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Best outside temperature for installing a new soft top
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 13:19:19 EDT
In a message dated 5/9/2007 9:53:36 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
supertr6@earthlink.net writes:

And then  you can die of heat exhaustion!  Actually, I installed my 6 top
in  the house under air.

Joe B

Joe Curry wrote:
> Jim,
>  Wait another month or two and bring it down here to Southern AZ.  Then  you
> will be at the optimum ambient temperature for installing a new  top.
>
> Joe C.

I have to agree with Joe B.  I installed my Midget top here in  the desert in
the summer and got it nice and tight...and in the winter it took  two of us
to latch it shut.  When I do the TR4 and the Midget replacement,  I'll opt for
a cool day or do it in the garage.  I'd rather have it  slightly sag on hot
days than be too tight the rest of the year.

Joe B, Joe C...reminds me of the Juarez Fireman joke...he had twin sons and
names one Jose, and of course the other was named.........Hose B.

Sorry...

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4

As he stared at her ample  bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg
carburetors in his vintage  Triumph, highly functional yet pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of  the intake manifold, aching for experienced
hands, the small knurled caps of the  oil dampeners begging to be inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter  seven of the shop manual.
Dan McKay

===     http://www.vtr.org