Re: [TR] TR4A AC

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A AC
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 12:55:53 EDT
In a message dated 5/8/2007 2:22:40 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
tr3driver@ca.rr.com writes:

One  solution that might be attractive would be to find the condensor
assembly  from a 70-71 Audi 100LS, which was mounted above the rear axle and
cooled  by electric fans.  But it wasn't a very powerful system, so maybe  not
useful in an open car.

While my experience with Audi's is somewhat limited, isn't  reccomending an
Audi accessory like reccomending use of a Lucas wiring harness  on the space
shuttle?  My father had one, and a couple of friends have had  them, and they
ran well, and handled nicely, but one by one all the switches and  accessories
quit like clockwork...

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4

As he stared at her ample  bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg
carburetors in his vintage  Triumph, highly functional yet pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of  the intake manifold, aching for experienced
hands, the small knurled caps of the  oil dampeners begging to be inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter  seven of the shop manual.
Dan McKay

===     http://www.vtr.org