Re: [TR] Best outside temperature for installing a new soft top

To: BearTranserv@aol.com, supertr6@earthlink.net, spitlist@cox.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Best outside temperature for installing a new soft top
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 17:48:10 +0000
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
> I have to agree with Joe B.  I installed my Midget top here in  the desert in
> the summer and got it nice and tight...and in the winter it took  two of us
> to latch it shut.  When I do the TR4 and the Midget replacement,  I'll opt
>for
> a cool day or do it in the garage.  I'd rather have it  slightly sag on hot
> days than be too tight the rest of the year.

Another good reason for a white top.  The extremes will be a little less due to
the reduced solar heating.

That said, the black top on our TR4 fits OK.

I have a white top I bought to experiment with, but I have done nothing with it.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,

===     http://www.vtr.org