RE: [TR] disturbing knock- resolved

To: ZinkZ10C@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] disturbing knock- resolved
From: cfisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 09:05:57 -0500
<< He abused the h*ll out of my fresh  rebuilt, not nearly broken in engine
trying to diagnose the noise. Now I  wish I'd not let him in it.  >>

How many miles on the rebuild and how do you define abuse?

Harold,
You are probably right and I'm sure he knows what he's doing. I realize race
engines get about one 15 minute practice session before really hard use. My
motor probably has over an hour on it.

It did make me wince though to have the brakes and gas applied (both hard)
simultaniously several times to load the motor. Oil pressure still 70+
though and apparently no harm done.

Anyway, just happy to have the thing running with no major defects now.

Curt

Visit: CurtFisherRacing.com

"Racing is life, anything that comes before, or after is just waiting",
Steve McQueen from Le Mans.