[TR] Brake Fluif Update

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Brake Fluif Update
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 12:45:29 -0400
First.... thanks for all the lively discussion on DOT3/4 vs DOT5. I asked
the original question because I was under the impression that DOT3/4 was old
"technology" and DOT5 was new "technology" and, therefore, inherently
better. From all this discussion and searching the web, I learned that any
modern cars with ABS can't even use DOT5 so DOT3/4 is the fluid of choice,
even today. Because I was just replacing the MC, I went with Castrol LMA
which came highly recommended by a few of you. Maybe if I do a complete
rebuild of my brake system in the future, I convert to DOT5.

This morning I had the wife pumping the brakes while I bled them and all
went well. I didn't even have to re-center the PDWA. The brake light comes
on with the key and goes off when I start the car. So....we're on the road
again!

Thanks again.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U