Re: [TR] TR4 Fuel Pump

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Fuel Pump
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 13:32:50 -0700
John,

I don't believe your car would run with a failed pump unless your tank
is mounted on the bootlid higher than the carbs. ;)

Since the bowl doesn't fill I'd guess the problem is upstream. Fuel
should flow into the bowl as soon as you unclamp the inlet hose, no
matter the condition of the pump, unless your fuel tank is empty. If you
had a leak, the bowl would fill with fuel then fuel should leak out of
your pump. Or out of the bowl if you didn't get a good seal on the glass.

Maybe your fuel bowl inlet check valve is clogged? Did you blow it out
gently? You don't need a compressor, a straw should do. Any chance you
have a fuel cutoff switch that your forgot to turn back on? ;)

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2 etc.

===     http://www.vtr.org