[TR] Oil for TR6 differential

To: Chris Buckley <chris.buckley51@yahoo.co.uk>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Oil for TR6 differential
From: Bill & AnnaBelle <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 09:17:12 -0700
Hi Chris ... as the Listers know, I am a HUGE fan of Redline
Synthetic Oils ... use their products in both the TR3, and TR6,
10W40 in the engine and 75W90 in the trannies and differentials ...

Not cheap, but it works ... and will NOT damage your car in any way
... unless it all leaks out.

     Hi Listers,
   I am replacing my TR4A IRS diff with one from a Triumph saloon. Not
sure of the ratio but it is the one with the "longest legs" used on
some TR6's i think.
   I have been advised that GL4 oil should be used in the diff as GL5
has cleaning agents that eat the metal parts.
   Does the list concur?
   Regards,
   Chris Buckley

--