[TR] 3M vs. bondo?

To: "list Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] 3M vs. bondo?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 21:40:07 -0400
I, a dummy, feel dumb asking this:
Since I am doing body work-

"What's the finished difference between using 3M Ultrapro Autobody Sealant
(tan or clear) and bondo?"

I know the 3M stuff comes in a caulking tube or squeeze tube, bondo has to be
properly mixed.  Bondo dries much quicker.  Bondo is cheaper.  While I also
know that the sealant is applied to a crack or hole, can't bondo do this?
 What I don't know is which is stronger or less likely to be waterproof? Is 3M
superior on rust?  Is there some other distinquishing feature of one over the
other?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey
60 TR3

===     http://www.vtr.org