[TR] Hood Latch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Hood Latch
From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 16:02:36 -0500
To All,

I have replaced the firewall mounted hood latch on my TR6 with a nicer one
from another car. Now while driving, the hood will come unlatched over
time.  When I replaced the latch I lowered the hood with a piece of paper
covering the latch and centered the hood mounted pin. Using the cable
operated knob, it is harder to release  but it does open. I see there is a
slot on the end of that pin. Can I (should I ) adjust the pin to be longer?
I don't want to get stuck with the hood latched and not be operable even
though I have an emergency release installed. The latch has to operate for
that, right?

Let,s hear your suggestions.

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6