[TR] Coil wiring

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Coil wiring
From: ray@raysmg.com
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 07:59:19 -0700
I have removed a home grown adaptation of a small Holley fuel injection
unit from my TR3 and returned it to stock SU carburetion as God
intended; I also replaced the fuel pump with one of the appropriate
rating for the carbs.

The wiring to the fuel injection was 'creative' and certain magic
occurred in a black box. I have removed all unnecessary wiring and with
it, one necessary wire wich leads to the '-' lug on the coil. The other
wire attached to the same '-' post connects to the low tension lead on
the distributor.

My question is this: to what should the missing wire be attached? Is it
simply a ground at the '-' would indicate?

I will be heading out of town for a couple days beginning tomorrow and
would appreciate your response; it may be a few days before I can reply
back with a successful outcome.

TIA, Ray

Ray McCaleb
ray@raysmg.com