Re: [TR] Make your own gaskets

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Make your own gaskets
From: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 08:40:35 -0700
Ah... a MacGyver moment.  I always carry sheets gasket material (paper and
cork) plus an old inner tube as this stuff takes almost zero space in the
parts box.  I seem to recall there is a Land Rover manual that identifies
how many pages of the Nairobi newspaper are needed to make a servicable head
gasket.

I'm sure you'll replace that temporary fix with the real thing as Land Rover
mudflaps are possibly not fuel-proof.

Geo