[TR] POR in engine bay?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] POR in engine bay?
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 00:38:11 -0400
I'm tidying up my TR6's engine bay. Specifically everything forward of the
radiator. I bought a nice radiator shroud at the Beaconsfield British Car Show
last Sunday. Of course, now I've been hit by shipwright's disease. I realised
that I had never painted the inner valence during the rebuild. So now having
removed turn signals, grill and various othe elements all set to paint. I have
a pot of POR15 semi-gloss black  and a pot of Tremclad semi-gloss black. You
might infer from this that my engine bay is black. Semi-gloss yet. I have had
occasional yearnings to strip the whole lot and get it to the red my car is
painted. This might or might not happen as the new triple Strombergs and alloy
valv cover look quite good in a silver and black layout. So the questions
are:

1 - Will POR be okay with the indirect light in the engine bay nose. i.e. it
won't turn grey or something like that.

2 - If I want to in the future, how hard is it to strip off?

If it's not the right stuff then I will just use the simple tremclad and see
what happens over time.

Mark
1972 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org