Re: [TR] Engine noise B-25

To: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>, "Joe Merone"
Subject: Re: [TR] Engine noise B-25
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 00:00:26 +0000
From: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>

> A few years back some "fly guys" knew about a P58 "Lockheed Lighting" buried
> in the "ICE" in Greenland from WWll, took them a couple of years and many
> millions to remove it from the 80 ft depth of ice and then a complete nuts
> and bolts rebuild, plane is worth untold $$$$ today, the head engineer on
> the project is a TR 4 race driver from Georgia, maybe some list members from
> down that way know more of whom and when, than I do will fill in the spots
> left out "FT"

You are talking about Richard Taylor, a true Southern Gentleman. He drives his
TR4 to the track, changes tires, races it all weekend, changes tires, and then
drives it home. In the stories that I have read about "Glacier Girl", a P-38
that was recovered from the ice of Greenland, Richard is described as an
adventurer. I'm lucky to have met him.
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL