Re: [TR] TR3 tires 6" rims

To: pethier@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 tires 6" rims
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 00:23:10 EDT
In a message dated 4/20/2009 8:03:12 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pethier@comcast.net writes:

And, in  a very funny article on braking by J.K.L. Setright, in Road &
>  Track, Setright recounts that Sir William Lyons, in the midst of
>  costing
> out the first XK-E, opted for standard brake linings instead  of
> premium
> grade, because it would save 25p per  car....

Really?  The first XK-E?  And they were already using  the new money?

:-)

Phil

I can tell you that one of my engineering  friends who worked at  Standard
recounted the hours of testing and data taking to evaluate different
materials for the Standard automobile.They would test, take data, swap shoes
and
test some more. I don't know which one, but it was typical he  said.

Mike Moore .

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net