Re: [TR] TR3 Electric Fan Placement

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Electric Fan Placement
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:35:17 -0800
> My TR3 wants to run at about 200 to 210 degrees with a Hayden
> Electric Fan on the front side of the radiator.  I've been told it
> works better on the back side, what's the opinion of the list on
> this?

I believe that the fan in front of the radiator does interfere to some
extent with cooling at speed (when the fan itself is useless), but that the
difference is relatively small.  I would be looking elsewhere for your
problem.

One strange thing that happened to the original radiator in my TR3A was that
it simply lost cooling efficiency, apparently because the tubes were no
longer in good thermal contact with the fins.  It flowed water just fine,
and did not leak, but also did not keep the engine cool.  After a year of
fiddling with other things, I finally had the radiator tested for
efficiency.  A re-core made all the cooling problems disappear.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net