Re: [TR] Pertronix Ignition and coils

To: "'triumphs list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Pertronix Ignition and coils
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 07:39:29 -0800
> I regret that I posted incorrect information.

Not incorrect, Tom, only incomplete.  The "Lucas Sports coil" comes in both
3.0 and 1.5 ohm flavors, to suit cars either without or with a ballast
resistor.  Using the 1.5 ohm variant with a Pertronix but without a ballast
resistor will lead to the Pertronix overheating with probably permanent
damage.

Some suppliers list only the 3 ohm variant; but the other one does exist and
is available from some sources.  Eg,
http://tinyurl.com/ykflbcc

Randall

http://www.vtr.org