[TR] zenith or su's ?

Subject: [TR] zenith or su's ?
From: Mike H <tr_man@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:44:49 -0800
     I have a slightly modified TR-250 that has run great with the Zenith
Stromberg carbs. Only problem is I have always had problems getting them to
the proper mixture settings. Its like one carb will be running lean and the
other rich. I've checked the intake and carbs mountings. So I decided to put
on HS6 SU's. Found out this is far from simple. I've modified the linkage to
work, still not happy with the throttle return springs. Put on different float
bowls at the recommendation of a carb expert from the east coast, and yes the
adaptors are in to make the bowls level ( they are angled on a 4a). Long story
short, the car doesn't have as much power as it used to, its like its not
getting just quite enough gas. I know I have the mixtures correct. I debating
about going back to the Strombergs,..in other words..I'm getting
frustrated...any thoughts from people out there?

Mike

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?h=myidea?ocid=PID2472
7::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_myidea:112009

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net