Re: [TR] TR6 evaporative filter - function or setup question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 evaporative filter - function or setup question
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:00:17 EDT
In a message dated 4/26/2010 2:25:50 PM Central Daylight Time,
mhooper@digiscreen.ca writes:
> I had always assumed that the suction would pull on the crankcase and the
> gas
> tank, except when stopped. Then I assumed that vapour pressure would push
> gassy fumes out through the bottom of the canister via the charcoal pack.
> But
> if there is no one-way valve, then it seems the engine is just sucking in
> filtered air while running. What am I missing?

The fresh air filters though the charcoal scavenging the absorbed gas fumes
while the engine is running.  This will keep the charcoal from saturating
and not being able to catch gas fumes while the engine is off.

Cheers

Dave

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html