Re: [TR] TR6 evaporative filter - function or setup question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 evaporative filter - function or setup question
From: dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:47:21 -0400
Well, come to think of it, maybe the TR6 was different.  On the Stag, the
plastic 'adapters' that fit over the carb pipes (where the purge lines
attach) also partially block the pipes.  I don't have one handy to measure,
but ISTR the pipe is perhaps 5/16" od and the hole in the 'adapter' is only
about 3/16".

I've seen those pieces with and without restrictors.  I suspect that it
depends on the year and whether or not the car has the anti-run-on system.
Additionally, the charcoal canister on the cars with the anti-run-on system
has a restrictor on the hose connection to the carburettor.  I don't know but
I think the anti-run-on system wasn't fitted until model year 73.

Dave

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47