Re: [TR] Fw: ATLAS/TRIUMPH VAN IN CANADA---USA

To: Janis Dabars <jdabars@att.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Fw: ATLAS/TRIUMPH VAN IN CANADA---USA
From: John Macartney <macartney.john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 15:29:48 +0100 (BST)
I guess the chances of finding a replacement windscreen in North America for
an
Atlas / Leyland 15 / Leyland 20 are remote in the extreme. AFAIK they all
shared
the same screen so you'll need those descriptors to identify it. NFI
but I
suggest you contact

Pilkington Glass Limited,
Classic Car
Windscreens Dept,
Queenborough,
Kent,
England.

Pilkington owns the
Triplex brand name (and always has) and this particular
location makes glass
using the original tooling for a vast array of collector
cars including lots
of very limited run (and now ancient) Italian exotica. I
used to work for
this particular company in the early 80's and until recently
had the
reference guide for ALL the screens they made from 1950 till 1983. Lost
the
damned book now so I can't give you what Pilks call the HT number - but I'd
guess it was somewhere in the range of HT 050 to HT 150. I'm fairly sure they
could crank one out for you - but at what cost, I can't say. I'd take a stab
at
around US$250 for a laminated unit with a non-coloured interlayer at the
factory
gate but you've then got freight and packing. Won't be cheap - but
there ain't
any alternative for unobtanium. Send them a letter by snail mail
as I can't
locate an email address for the person/department you'd need.
Good
luck

Jonmac

________________________________
>DESPERATELY LOOKING TO PURCHASE WINDSCREEN
LVAN1.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a
name of
LVAN2.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg
which had a name of
LVAN3.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type
image/jpeg which had a name of
LVAN4.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an
attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
LVAN5.jpg]

[demime 1.01d
removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
LVAN6.jpg]
LVAN7.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a
name of
LVAN8.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg
which had a name of
LVAN9.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type
image/jpeg which had a name of
LVAN10.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an
attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
LVAN11.jpg]