Re: [TR] Fw: ATLAS/TRIUMPH VAN IN CANADA---USA

To: jdabars@att.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Fw: ATLAS/TRIUMPH VAN IN CANADA---USA
From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 18:24:32 EDT
I have been in the glass business as a blue collar worker for 38+years
(Ford Motor Company) and if you can get a custom made  laminated windshield
for $250 I would think that would be a bargain.  There is more than  people
realize about auto glass, wether it is laminated or tempered.  It  also
depends on if the part is flat or curved.  I have worked on the  melting
furnaces
producing the glass and have been running a cutting and  finishing line for
33 years.

Sam Clark
Green Country Triumphs
Tulsa, OK

I'm fairly sure they
could crank one out for you - but at what cost, I  can't say. I'd take a
stab
at
around US$250 for a laminated unit with a  non-coloured interlayer at the
factory
gate but you've then got freight  and packing. Won't be cheap - but
there ain't
any alternative for  unobtanium. Send them a letter by snail mail
as I can't
locate an email  address for the person/department you'd  need.
Good
luck

Jonmac

Triumphs@autox.team.net