[TR] interior insulation - TR3

Subject: [TR] interior insulation - TR3
From: tr3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:08:36 -0700
> I'm wondering if that's MY PROBLEM of getting 'vapor lock' when on long
> drives in 90^ temperatures,

Just a thought, have you tried using a different ignition coil?  My
nearly-new Lucas Sports coil has apparently gone thermally intermittent: it
works (more or less) when cold, but the spark gets progressively weaker as
it heats up.  Tuesday, while driving in stop-and-go traffic (ambient only
about 80F, but underhood pushing 200F) the engine started misfiring badly,
then when I pushed in the clutch it died completely and refused to restart.
After it cooled off (and a new condenser was installed), the engine started
rough, but then idled smoothly.  But as soon as it got thoroughly warmed up
again, the ignition quit again.

A different coil seems to have solved the problem.

On that topic (sorry for the thread drift) has anyone ever had problems with
a Pertronix "FlameThrower" coil?

-- Randall