Re: [TR] Trials and Tribulations

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Trials and Tribulations
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 16:26:56 -0700
> all went
> well until I went to the Right Front ... only to find the bleeder
> screw had been sheered off.  I took it to a really good machine shop
> and they could not get it out ... so the guy who put it in must be at
> least as strong as the Terminator.

More likely rust, IMO.  Conventional brake fluid is amazingly corrosive,
especially when it gets old.

If it's any consolation, both of the caliper bleed screws were stuck on
TS13571L when it came to me, and sheared off rather than turning even after
application of heat and PB Blaster.  Fortunately, I had the calipers from
the wrecked TR3A handy (which had DOT 5 and NO corrosion).

-- Randall

triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive