[TR] Trials and Tribulations

Subject: [TR] Trials and Tribulations
From: terryrs at comcast.net (terryrs at comcast.net)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:43:34 +0000 (UTC)
>the bleeder screw had been sheered off.  I took it to a really good machine
>shop
>and they could not get it out ... so the guy who put it in must be at least as
>strong as the Terminator.

I cannot let this go unchallenged, Bill.

You see, when I was restoring '59 TR3A TS 58667, I tried to take off the
bleeder screw in both front calipers.  They were rusted solid so broke off
flush with the hole.

Doggedly, I tapped an an easy-out into the hole and gently twisted.  It broke
off inside the hole.  Thankfully I had learned my lesson so even more gently
tapped an easy-out into the second caliper and was gratified when I
succeeded...Uhm...to break it, but more slowly.

So, with frozen bleeder screws in each caliper AND with carefully snapped
easy-outs buggering each one, I sent these craftily designed challenge calipers
to Quantum Mechanics.

They returned the calipers completely rebuilt and with no additional charge for
my having been so thoughtful for them.  They also included no LOL or smiley
face on their much deserved invoice to insinuate their misunderestanding that I
had other than purposefully provided this opportunity to alleviate professional
boredom.

NFI, just a very satisfied customer.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire