Re: [TR] Pivot Pin removal

To: "'William Pugh'" <anabil007@comcast.net>, "'TR3/6'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Pivot Pin removal
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 17:56:14 -0700
> Looking for insight into how to remove the brake pedal pivot pin from the
> brake master cylinder. Old and rusted, but it just won't budge. Is there
> any
> chance it might be reversed screw threads?

As I recall, you pretty much have to remove the complete pedal assembly from
the car first.  The process is covered in the workshop manual, page R15.
(written for Lockheed brakes, but I believe the pedals are the same even
though the MC & its bracket are completely different).  Then there are two
bolts that go into the pin, one from each side.  You have to remove both of
those, and take away the brackets that they go through, in order to expose
the ends of the pin.

ISTR I then reinstalled the bolts (to avoid damaging the pin any further)
and commenced pounding with a large brass drift & BFH.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive