Re: [TR] hard starting TR4

Subject: Re: [TR] hard starting TR4
From: <pbrandsema@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 13:31:50 +0000
Had a similar problem earlier this year.  In my case it appears to be a combo
of fuel with ethanol and temperature.  I've learned that ethanol has the
wonderful property of absorbing water and the longer the gas sits unused the
worse it gets.  Since water has a lower boiling point than gas, I was getting
percolation of the fuel in the float bowls when either the engine was shutdown
or idling (no air flow to cool engine compartment).  My solution, which is
still in trial, is to use a fuel additive (stabil ethanol treatment) plus I
insulated the float bowls with thermal tape wrap.  Not original but neither is
ethanol! Also have a heat shield installed between carbs and manifold.  Results
so far have been positive.

Paul Brandsema
61 TR4  CT133

** triumphs@autox.team.net **