Re: [TR] Adventure

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Adventure
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 05:25:31 -0700

--20cf307f360cf24d590516fb3856

A close call for sure.  Left side has RH threads, etc.

They really do tighten as you drive (I experimented with a Sharpie to mark
and track orientation) but they have to be fairly snug for that action to
work.

Geo

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 8:59 PM, Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:

> > Probably making a lot out of nothing here.  Plenty of
> > motorcycles on the road do just fine with one front wheel.
>
> Yeah, but you'd be amazed at how much damage that second wheel can do
> while parting company with the car.
>
> You might want to check that the adapters are on the correct sides.  The
> spinners should be self-tightening, but they will
> self-loosen if the adapters are flipped between sides.
>
> Unfortunately I forget offhand whether the left side gets the LH threads
> or vice versa, but I'm sure someone else knows.
>
> Also double-check that the nuts that hold the adapters are as tight as
> they should be.
>
> -- Randall
>

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

--20cf307f360cf24d590516fb3856

rimented with a Sharpie to mark and track orientation) but they have to be =
 2015 at 8:59 PM, Randall <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:TR3driver=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><span>&gt; Probably making a lot out of noth=
ing here.=C2=A0 Plenty of<br>
&gt; motorcycles on the road do just fine with one front wheel.<br>
an do while parting company with the car.<br>
You might want to check that the adapters are on the correct sides.=C2=A0 T=
he spinners should be self-tightening, but they will<br>
self-loosen if the adapters are flipped between sides.<br>
Unfortunately I forget offhand whether the left side gets the LH threads or=
 vice versa, but I&#39;m sure someone else knows.<br>
Also double-check that the nuts that hold the adapters are as tight as they=
 should be.<br>
-- Randall<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> *=
*<br>