Re: [TR] value for insurance proposes?

To: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] value for insurance proposes?
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 10:08:14 -0700
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--047d7b10cd6b1cdd580526ca9a26

As anyone who watches Antiques Roadshow knows -- there is a difference
between what an item would sell for in a 'well advertised auction' and the
value to be used 'for insurance purposes'..

I like to insure for what it would take to replace it and (as Randall
notes) that would mean both buying a suitable example and then doing all
the things that still need to be done.

To get to that number I take into consideration the info on the Hagerty
Valuation Tool:

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1960-Triumph-TR3A

Their numbers seem to me to be more insurance values than market place
expectations.  It's not an absolute answer but does provide some points for
interpolation based on condition and other concerns.

Geo

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:

> > If the car was in a fire, flood or whatever what would it
> > cost to replace it? What should I insure it for?
>
> Given the way prices have shot up recently, I'd say more like $30k minimum
> and $40k is probably more realistic.  You still wouldn't
> get an exact replacement, of course, so you're looking for enough money to
> buy something that is close and then modify to your
> tastes.
>
> Which reminds me, I should up mine, too.  Just a minor "fender bender" in
> 2013 came close to exhausting my stated value.  Literally
> stopped at a stop light, and the pickup truck in front of me decided he
> had to back up!
>
> -- Randall
>

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

--047d7b10cd6b1cdd580526ca9a26

e is a difference between what an item would sell for in a &#39;well advert=
ised auction&#39; and the value to be used &#39;for insurance purposes&#39;=
ace it and (as Randall notes) that would mean both buying a suitable exampl=
/div><div>To get to that number I take into consideration the info on the H=
rty.com/apps/valuationtools/1960-Triumph-TR3A">https://www.hagerty.com/apps=
s seem to me to be more insurance values than market place expectations.=C2=
=A0 It&#39;s not an absolute answer but does provide some points for interp=
n, Dec 13, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Randall <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto=
:TR3driver@ca.rr.com" target=3D"_blank">TR3driver@ca.rr.com</a>&gt;</span> =
wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;bord=
er-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><span>&gt; If the car was in a fir=
e, flood or whatever what would it<br>
&gt; cost to replace it? What should I insure it for?<br>
0k minimum and $40k is probably more realistic.=C2=A0 You still wouldn&#39;=
t<br>
get an exact replacement, of course, so you&#39;re looking for enough money=
 to buy something that is close and then modify to your<br>
tastes.<br>
Which reminds me, I should up mine, too.=C2=A0 Just a minor &quot;fender be=
nder&quot; in 2013 came close to exhausting my stated value.=C2=A0 Literall=
y<br>
stopped at a stop light, and the pickup truck in front of me decided he had=
 to back up!<br>
-- Randall<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> *=
*<br>