Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question - about choke

To: Dave <dave1massey@cs.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Stromberg question - about choke
From: Creig Houghtaling <creig555@live.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 13:29:48 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
From: Triumphs <triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net> on behalf of Dave
<dave1massey@cs.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2016 7:15:51 AM
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

What year is the car?  In the 73 and later cars the carbs have a valve that
diverts the float bowl vents from a port on the face of the carb (air filter)
to a port that is connected to the charcoal canister.  These can get stuck in
one position or the other and the canisters often clog or fill up with gas. Or
the lines get plugged.  The diverter valves will open the port on the faceof
the carb when the throttle is off-idle so see if there is any difference when
the throttle is cranked open.

Dave Massey