Re: [TR] TR6 brake master cylinder

To: dave n <dave@ranteer.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 brake master cylinder
From: <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 4:51:49 +0000
I have been driving British cars for almost 40 years now, the first 25 or so on
Castrol LMA exclusively, the last 15 or so on DOT 5.  I switched originally
because I got tired of eaten paint, but I now believe it really helps your
hydraulic system last longer.  I can't think of anything I have replaced or
rebuilt (that was rebuildable and not previously scored or corroded) that has
started to leak while using the DOT 5.  In the old days of DOT 3 leaky rear
wheel cylinders and an occasional master cylinder issue were fairly regular
events (maybe once a year or so, I dont know exactly, but I know I spent a lot
of time repairing or replacing hydraulics).

Maybe they are making the rubber better and it coincided withe my change, maybe
I have gotten a little better at putting things together right, but I have,
over time, gone from being an "either one is fine" guy, to a truly believing
the slippery purple stuff is the superior product.

Greg Lemon

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive