[Fot] TR3 exhaust...revisited...

Subject: [Fot] TR3 exhaust...revisited...
From: duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com (Duncan Charlton)
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 06:51:30 -0500
I?ve been using a pair of Smithy?s round can mufflers on my Morgan Plus 8
(engine size now 1/2 liter larger than the original Rover 3.5 liter V8) since
2006 and like the sound.  They?re impressively loud when I floor it but at
cruise speed I hear mostly wind noise, not a blatting exhaust so it?s quite
tolerable for long trips (and my ears are offended by exhaust drone on long
runs).  This may have a lot to do with the light load imposed on the engine and
I?m not sure how a 4-cylinder engine doing the same amount of work would sound.

Duncan
(Texas)