[TR] oil filter sealant

To: "Triumph list Team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] oil filter sealant
From: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 13:27:14 -0400

--0000000000008698590576a14dda

I  am  wanting to replace the old filter in my TR3 (engine is mostly TR4
parts) that  has a Tecalemit  type oil filter canister and mount.  It seems
that after I attach the brass nut, It will pull the apparatus (adapter,
brass nut, oil filter and canister and seal) up tight using the 6" bolt.
The brass nut sinks into the aluminum adapter head.
     When the engine was out of the car, the engine mechanic applied a thin
film of dark orange permatex(?) to the brass nut before submerging it into
the aluminum adapter.  It did not seem to leak.  My question is: now that
the engine is in the car and I have very little clearance both from above
or below.  Is it ok to squeeze out a quarter of a tube of a similar sealant
(probably from above the engine) in an effort to replicate his success?  I
quess I'd want to smear it all over the brass bolt before submerging it
into the aluminum filter head.

Paul

--0000000000008698590576a14dda

ld filter in my TR3 (engine is mostly TR4 parts) that =C2=A0has a Tecalemit=
 =C2=A0type oil filter canister and mount.=C2=A0 It seems that after I atta=
ch the brass nut, It will pull the apparatus (adapter, brass nut, oil filte=
r and canister and seal) up tight using the 6&quot; bolt.=C2=A0 The brass n=
When the engine was out of the car, the engine mechanic applied a thin film=
 of dark orange permatex(?) to the brass nut before submerging it into the =
aluminum adapter.=C2=A0 It did not seem to leak.=C2=A0 My question is: now =
that the engine is in the car and I have very little clearance both from ab=
ove or below.=C2=A0 Is it ok to squeeze out a quarter of a tube of a simila=
r sealant (probably from above the engine) in an effort to replicate his su=
ccess?=C2=A0 I quess I&#39;d want to smear it all over the brass bolt befor=
l</div></div>

--0000000000008698590576a14dda--

--===============1146370278659653624==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **