Re: [TR] Engine stand

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Engine stand
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> T65Q7MGJxe9qb7MEPED+GlIZgUqRD21oOvnxsSSd0MNaFWPmEdHKKZroxsMDBEAUf6YSY/Fsn8M3Uw==
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 16:21:16 -0700

------NQGQRH945PSUTCW5SAQS6VKGM2W7JL
 charset=utf-8

Four 5/16 bolts is plenty strong enough for an engine stand=2E
The reason they use so many to the gearbox is because the gearbox itself i=
s weak and has to have the load spread out=2E It also must withstand large =
shock loads that won't happen on a stand (unless you throw it out the windo=
w)=2E
-- Randall

On 23 October 2018 11:15:26 GMT-07:00, Bob Nogueira <nogera@hotmail=2Ecom>=
 wrote:
>I=E2=80=99m about to rebuild my TR 4 engine=2E I=E2=80=99ve done it three=
 times in the
>past so there=E2=80=99s not much I=E2=80=99m worried about=2E The one thi=
ng that freaks
>me out is suspending the engine on the engine stand by four 5/16 inch
>bolts=2E Every time I see it sitting there I freak out that the bolts are
>going to snap and the engine is going to come crashing down=2E
>Two things I=E2=80=99ve done to relieve my paranoia is add a cross beam o=
n the
>front so it has four wheels not the original three and keep a two by
>four between the front of the engine and the leg to carry the weight of
>the suspended engine=2E
>Two questions, am I being paranoid and should I use grade 5 or grade 8
>bolts to fasten the engine to the stand?
>
>Thanks for any advise=2E
>
>Bob Nogueira=20
>** triumphs@autox=2Eteam=2Enet **
>
>Donate: http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/donate=2Ehtml
>Archive: http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/pipermail/triumphs=20
>http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/archive
>
>Unsubscribe/Manage:
>http://autox=2Eteam=2Enet/mailman/options/triumphs/tr3driver@ca=2Err=2Eco=

------NQGQRH945PSUTCW5SAQS6VKGM2W7JL
 charset=utf-8

ine stand=2E<br>The reason they use so many to the gearbox is because the g=
earbox itself is weak and has to have the load spread out=2E It also must w=
ithstand large shock loads that won't happen on a stand (unless you throw i=
October 2018 11:15:26 GMT-07:00, Bob Nogueira &lt;nogera@hotmail=2Ecom&gt; =
wrote:<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0=2E8e=
x; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
<pre class=3D"k9mail">I=E2=80=99m about to rebuild my TR 4 engine=2E I=E2=
=80=99ve done it three times in the past so there=E2=80=99s not much I=E2=
=80=99m worried about=2E The one thing that freaks me out is suspending the=
 engine on the engine stand by four 5/16 inch bolts=2E Every time I see it =
sitting there I freak out that the bolts are going to snap and the engine i=
s going to come crashing down=2E<br>    Two things I=E2=80=99ve done to rel=
ieve my paranoia is add a cross beam on the front so it has four wheels not=
 the original three and keep a two by four between the front of the engine =
and the leg to carry the weight of the suspended engine=2E<br>      Two que=
stions, am I being paranoid and should I use grade 5 or grade 8 bolts to fa=
://www=2Eteam=2Enet/donate=2Ehtml">http://www=2Eteam=2Enet/donate=2Ehtml</a=
/www=2Eteam=2Enet/pipermail/triumphs</a>  <a href=3D"http://www=2Eteam=2Ene=
a href=3D"http://autox=2Eteam=2Enet/mailman/options/triumphs/tr3driver@ca=
=2Err=2Ecom">http://autox=2Eteam=2Enet/mailman/options/triumphs/tr3driver@c=