Re: [TR] TR3 sidescreen frames adjustment

To: "'TERRY SMITH'" <terryrs@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 sidescreen frames adjustment
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <auprichard@uprichard.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 12:40:57 -0500
If the screen is wide at the top, then the arms should be gently bent in,
that is, bent towards the door if they were on the car.  It is possible to
do this with a completed sidescreen if you have a way to stabilize the frame
of the screen and use, for example, a wide bore pipe on the arms.  Don't try
to do it all at once - go step by step.  But it is a good lesson to have the
screens fitted before having them covered and ideally before the car is
painted.

Some sidescreens have a strap and a snap.  It was never meant to be tight,
but if you have one and move the snap up, that also might bring the top of
the screen in tighter.

Andrew