Re: [TR] TR 250 (TR4) Cruise control

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR 250 (TR4) Cruise control
From: Patrick Baize <pbaize@satx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 18:38:12 -0600
If  passing Winslow on 66.  Must stay at the "La Posada" Hotel. It's a
Harvey Hotel. Restored. Back in the day. Train passengers would stay the
night there. Amtrak makes 2 stops a day there, it's right along the
tracks. Many famous people stayed there. Has a Restaurant called the
"Turquoise Room" . It's a top restaurant in the states. My Wife and I
have stayed there 5 times. Lots of Art work by Tina Mion.   Also must
stand on the corner in Winslow AZ.. It's a park dedicated to the Eagles.
Even has the Flat bed ford. Close to Flagstaff, meteor crater and the
grand canyon.

http://laposada.org/      ; http://laposada.org/turquoise-room/

Patrick

74 Spitfire

71 Stag

On 1/31/2019 10:39 AM, Randall wrote:
> I won't get it done this year (again), but one of my "bucket list" items is
> to drive my TR3 over as much as is left of old Route 66, LA to Chicago (or
> maybe the other way, haven't decided that yet).
>
> I'd love to go drive the Tail of the Dragon and the Blue Ridge Parkway some
> day, but that will probably never happen.  Just too dang far from here.
> Maybe if I get Dad's TR3A running (which is in Missouri so not quite so far
> away from those roads).
>
> -- Randall
> 56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
> 71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
> 71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild
>

>> Out of curiosity, what are some of the destinations you are
>> looking at? I would like to do some long trips this summer in
>> my TR4A, especially since I am retiring  this April. Already
>> have plans to drive from Cincinnati to Watkins Glen in
>> September but summer is over by then.
>> How about the rest of you guys?
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> Unsubscribe/Manage: