Re: [TR] Troubleshooting TR3A fuel gauge

To: dconnitt@fuse.net, wbeech@flash.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Troubleshooting TR3A fuel gauge
From: DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 11:35:13 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, dave@mdmackay.ca

------=_Part_6659674_1822374356.1559216113948

 No, the TR3 gauges are quite different from the TR4-6 style gauges.=C2=A0 =
The TR3 gauge has a compensating coil to stabilize the reading over varying=
 supply voltages.=C2=A0 Since the TR3 has a mechanical temperature gauge th=
e fuel gauge is the only gauge that needs this feature.=C2=A0 The TR4 intro=
duced the electrical temperature gauge and the voltage stabilizer style was=
 adopted, probably for cost purposes since there are now two gauges that re=
quire voltage compensation.
I've calibrated (or attempted to) my TR3 fuel gauge and it is quite the fid=
dly process.=C2=A0 Probably another reason for the change.

An interesting note: the TR7 and TR8 reverted to the self-compensating gaug=
es which include the compensating coils.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20