Re: [TR] removing my head

To: "Wbeech@flash.net" <wbeech@flash.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] removing my head
From: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 20:30:29 -0400
Cc: "Triumph list Team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--000000000000c9dc3505919b3254

Your right, those were engine removing instructions.  Was I suppose to
remove the rocker arm first?  Do I need to remove the manifolds before
loosening the head?
If so, then I might have already screwed up.  With all eight head bolts
loosened will I possibly do any loosening of the piston sleeves by trying
to break the manifolds loose?  Without the manifolds off, I didn't get the
head out.  Oh well, always tomorrow.

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 12:20 PM Wbeech@flash.net <wbeech@flash.net> wrote:

> Paul,
> That sounds more like the instructions for engine removal, not just the
> head.  You pull straight up to remove the head so as not to bind on the
> studs.
> Bill B
>
> Sent from my IBM 8088
>
> On Sep 2, 2019, at 10:51 AM, Paul Dorsey <dorpaul1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> why does the online manual tend to  say the engine needs to be kinda
> tilting backwards?
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/wbeech@flash.net

--000000000000c9dc3505919b3254

 Was I suppose to remove the rocker arm first?=C2=A0 Do I need to remove th=
e manifolds before loosening the head?<div>If so, then I might have already=
 screwed up.=C2=A0 With all eight head bolts loosened will I possibly do an=
y loosening of the piston sleeves by trying to break the manifolds loose?=
=C2=A0 Without the manifolds off, I didn&#39;t get the head out.=C2=A0 Oh w=
r" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 12:20 PM <a href=3D"mailto:W=
beech@flash.net" target=3D"_blank">Wbeech@flash.net</a> &lt;<a href=3D"mail=
to:wbeech@flash.net" target=3D"_blank">wbeech@flash.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br><=
/div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;bo=
rder-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Paul,<br>
That sounds more like the instructions for engine removal, not just the hea=
d.=C2=A0 You pull straight up to remove the head so as not to bind on the s=
tuds.=C2=A0 <br>
Bill B<br>
Sent from my IBM 8088<br>
On Sep 2, 2019, at 10:51 AM, Paul Dorsey &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dorpaul1@gma=
il.com" target=3D"_blank">dorpaul1@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
why does the online manual tend to=C2=A0 say the engine needs to be kinda t=
ilting backwards?<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">triumphs@au=
tox.team.net</a> **<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"; rel=3D"noreferr=