Re: [TR] Missing MG midget

To: Greg Lemon <grglmn@gmail.com>, William Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Missing MG midget
From: TERRY SMITH <terryrs@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 09:07:58 -0500 (EST)
Cc: TR3/6 <triumphs@autox.team.net>

------=_Part_1895_278024216.1576678079152

So it sounds like it runs fine, then begins missing when driving.  Does it =
begin missing immediately when under load?  Just wondering if the spark plu=
g wires might be old and arcing under the insulation.  That or something el=
se with the ignition, such as Greg's thought about the coil which would esp=
ecially show itself when warmed up. =20

> On December 17, 2019 at 7:17 PM Greg Lemon <grglmn@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
>     I know you said float bowls full, but first thing I think is sediment=
 in the fuel line or bottom of the tank, flow pushes it into restriction po=
int, car misses and stops, pressure is released, flows again, rinse, lather=
, repeat.
>=20
>     But if you are sure it is not that, maybe capcitator (once, I had one=
 go out, and it gave a weak intermittent spark that got worse when things h=
eated up) or coil.
ilto:anabil007@comcast.net > wrote:
>=20
>         > >         I know=E2=80=A6not a Triumph=E2=80=A6but he is a good=
 guy and the 948cc engines are all alike=E2=80=A6maybe.
> >=20
> >         Anyway it starts instantly, sounds good, off for a drive=E2=80=
=A6begins missing, badly.
> >=20
> >         Stop =E2=80=A6 wait 10minutes =E2=80=A6 starts right up.   ??? =
 fuel pump works, carb bowls full =E2=80=A6 tis a puzzle .
> >=20
> >         I think there must be a kink somewhere in the fuel  system, nea=
r exhaust, expands/closes=E2=80=A6put, put.  Running rich plugs black.  We =
have tried almost everything with no success , any ideas greatly appreciate=
d .
> >=20
> >         Thanks for listening
> >         Bill Pugh
> >=20
> >         Life is too short
> >         to drive Boring Cars
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >         ** triumphs@autox.team.net mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net **
> >=20
> >         Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> >         Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.tea=
m.net/archive
> >=20
> >         Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/trium=
phs/grglmn@gmail.com
> >=20
> >     >     ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>=20
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/a=
rchive
>=20
>     Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/te=
rryrs@comcast.net
>=20

------=_Part_1895_278024216.1576678079152

<!doctype html>
 <head>=20
 </head>
 color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   So it sounds like it runs fine, then begins missing when driving.&nbsp; =
Does it begin missing immediately when under load?&nbsp; Just wondering if =
the spark plug wires might be old and arcing under the insulation.&nbsp; Th=
at or something else with the ignition, such as Greg's thought about the co=
il which would especially show itself when warmed up.&nbsp;&nbsp;
   On December 17, 2019 at 7:17 PM Greg Lemon &lt;grglmn@gmail.com&gt; wrot=
e:=20
    I know you said float bowls full, but first thing I think is sediment i=
n the fuel line or bottom of the tank, flow pushes it into restriction poin=
t, car misses and stops, pressure is released, flows again, rinse, lather, =
repeat.
     But if you are sure it is not that, maybe capcitator (once, I had one =
go out, and it gave a weak intermittent spark that got worse when things he=
ated up) or coil.
     Greg Lemon
     TR250
     On Tue, Dec 17, 2019, 5:25 PM William Pugh &lt;=20
 wrote:=20
 948cc engines are all alike=E2=80=A6maybe.=20
begins missing, badly.=20
bsp;???&nbsp; fuel pump works, carb bowls full =E2=80=A6 tis a puzzle .=20
near exhaust, expands/closes=E2=80=A6put, put.&nbsp; Running rich plugs bla=
ck.&nbsp; We have tried almost everything with no success , any ideas great=
ly appreciated .=20
     <a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; rel=3D"no=
opener">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **=20
     <a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; rel=3D"n=
oopener">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>=20
     <a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"; r=
el=3D"noopener">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>&nbsp;=20
     <a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noope=
ner">http://www.team.net/archive</a>=20
     <a target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tri=
umphs/grglmn@gmail.com" rel=3D"noopener">http://autox.team.net/mailman/opti=
ons/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com</a>=20
archive=20
erryrs@comcast.net=20
olor: #333333;" class=3D"default-style">
------=_Part_1895_278024216.1576678079152--

--===============2600841280814134523==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

--===============2600841280814134523==--