[TR] TR2 fuel gauge

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR2 fuel gauge
From: John Deluca <john-marie@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 20:55:35 -0600
Listers,
Iâ??m completing a restoration on a 1955 TR2.  The fuel gauge isn't working.
Wiring is good, gauge was dead.  Finally opened the gauge and found a broken
wire.  Repaired the wire.  Using mga guru instructions, I tried, for a long
time, to calibrate the gauge.  I can set the Full position, but canâ??t get
close to calibrating the 1/2 mark.  When I get it close, just the slightest
pressure on the nut drives it to one end or the other.  Took what I had for
calibration and tried it on the carsâ??s 3/4 full tank.  It read about 1/4.
Iâ??m thinking that because the calibration for 1/2 tank is so touchy, there is
a bigger problem.  Any thoughts will be appreciated.
John DeLuca

Sent from my iPad
** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html