Re: [TR] leds for gauges and external lights TR6

To: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@presby.edu>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] leds for gauges and external lights TR6
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 10:08:54 -0800

--------------glu6jLq04F0lJZr1Ctxl4igU

Regarding gauges lights being dim - have you checked the dash light
dimmer switch?  That was my problem years ago.  I twisted it back and
forth a bunch of times and that fixed it.  It is a rotary rheostat and
you may have some corrosion adding resistance.

Brian

On 11/10/2021 7:00 AM, Tim Gaines wrote:
> I have been away from the Triumphs list for awhile, so I apologize if
> my question has been discussed previously. I had my TR6 up on the Blue
> Ridge Parkway in NC yesterday (2.5 hr destination) and was stranded
> for a time at the end when the oil pressure switch failed and spewed
> all my oil away! After a tow the AAA Service Center in Asheville gave
> me 4 quarts of oil, and a service guy watched under the hood as I
> cranked the engine. He saw the problem, the engine sounded good still,
> and I replaced the switch with a bolt and made it home, much of the
> drive in the dark. By the way, great folks at AAA. They charged me
> nothing, even for the oil. That brings me to my question.
>
> I could barely see my gauges in the interstate traffic, and I feared
> that my external lights were very dim compared to the modern cars
> around me. So now I'm online ordering the oil switch and looking at
> LED bulb replacements. There are multiple bulb kits for some makes on
> Moss, but I don't see one for TR6. Have any of you found such kits and
> had success with the brightness? If not with kits, what individual
> bulb replacements are good?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim
>

> **triumphs@autox.team.net  **
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs   http://www.team.net/archive

--------------glu6jLq04F0lJZr1Ctxl4igU

  <head>
  </head>
    Regarding gauges lights being dim - have you checked the dash light
    dimmer switch?  That was my problem years ago.  I twisted it back
    and forth a bunch of times and that fixed it.  It is a rotary
    rheostat and you may have some corrosion adding resistance.<br>
    Brian<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:emf9ab811d-c339-4d5e-9bb5-82a4f7cfc644@laptop-lkrq9kmj">
0px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right:0px; border-left: 1px solid #cccccc
}blockquote.cite2 {margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px; padding-left: 10px;
padding-right:0px; border-left: 1px solid #cccccc; margin-top: 3px;
padding-top: 0px; }a img { border: 0px; }li[style='text-align: center;'],
li[style='text-align: center; '], li[style='text-align: right;'],
li[style='text-align: right; '] {  list-style-position: inside;}body {
font-family: Segoe UI; font-size: 12pt;   }.quote { margin-left: 1em;
margin-right: 1em; border-left: 5px #ebebeb solid; padding-left: 0.3em;
}</style>
[...]
        If not with kits, what individual bulb replacements are good?</div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>