[TR] leds for gauges and external lights TR6

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] leds for gauges and external lights TR6
From: "Tim Gaines" <mtgaines@presby.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 15:00:05 +0000

--------=_MBCF2BED3C-71C2-4FCC-8FD9-53DEB1DD2DD7

I have been away from the Triumphs list for awhile, so I apologize if my=20
question has been discussed previously. I had my TR6 up on the Blue=20
Ridge Parkway in NC yesterday (2.5 hr destination) and was stranded for=20
a time at the end when the oil pressure switch failed and spewed all my=20
oil away! After a tow the AAA Service Center in Asheville gave me 4=20
quarts of oil, and a service guy watched under the hood as I cranked the=20
engine. He saw the problem, the engine sounded good still, and I=20
replaced the switch with a bolt and made it home, much of the drive in=20
the dark. By the way, great folks at AAA. They charged me nothing, even=20
for the oil. That brings me to my question.

I could barely see my gauges in the interstate traffic, and I feared=20
that my external lights were very dim compared to the modern cars around=20
me. So now I'm online ordering the oil switch and looking at LED bulb=20
replacements. There are multiple bulb kits for some makes on Moss, but I=20
don't see one for TR6. Have any of you found such kits and had success=20
with the brightness? If not with kits, what individual bulb replacements=20
are good?

Thanks,
Tim

--------=_MBCF2BED3C-71C2-4FCC-8FD9-53DEB1DD2DD7

blockquote.cite { margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px; padding-left: 10px;=
 padding-right:0px; border-left: 1px solid #cccccc }
blockquote.cite2 {margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px; padding-left: 10px;=
 padding-right:0px; border-left: 1px solid #cccccc; margin-top: 3px; padding=
-top: 0px; }
a img { border: 0px; }
li[style=3D'text-align: center;'], li[style=3D'text-align: center; '], li[s=
tyle=3D'text-align: right;'], li[style=3D'text-align: right; '] {  list-sty=
le-position: inside;}
body { font-family: Segoe UI; font-size: 12pt;   }=20
.quote { margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em; border-left: 5px #ebebeb soli=
d; padding-left: 0.3em; }
</head>
my question has been discussed previously. I had my TR6 up on the Blue Rid=
ge Parkway in NC yesterday (2.5 hr destination) and was stranded for a time =
at the end when the oil pressure switch failed and spewed all my oil away! =
After a tow the AAA Service Center in Asheville gave me 4 quarts of oil, a=
nd a service guy watched under the hood as I cranked the engine. He saw the =
problem, the engine sounded good still, and I replaced the switch with a b=
olt and made it home, much of the drive in the dark. By the way, great folk=
s at AAA. They charged me nothing, even for the oil. That brings me to my q=
e traffic, and I feared that my external lights were very dim compared to t=
he modern cars around me. So now I'm online ordering the oil switch and loo=
king at LED bulb replacements. There are multiple bulb kits for some makes=
 on Moss, but I don't see one for TR6. Have any of you found such kits and h=
ad success with the brightness? If not with kits, what individual bulb repl=
--------=_MBCF2BED3C-71C2-4FCC-8FD9-53DEB1DD2DD7--

--===============3079281866781311131==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

--===============3079281866781311131==--