[TR] TR6 Zenith Stromberg Carbs

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 Zenith Stromberg Carbs
From: "Henningsen, James D." <henningj@cf.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 18:25:43 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Ok, itâ??s been a while since Iâ??ve adjusted the mixture on my ZS 175 CD-2
carbs on my TR6.  I have the adjustable B1AF needles,  removed damper from carb
body, removed the fixing screw from the piston damper side.  I insert the
special tool into the damper tube to turn the needle assembly and it engages
the hex socket hole.  I can rotate left and right but it doesnâ??t move the
height of the needle face on the bottom of the damper no matter which way I
turn.    If I pull the needle down from the damper to its lowest spring
position and then turn left or right, the needle seat height does move up and
down.   I donâ??t recall having to hold the needle out to adjust mixture.  I
also canâ??t easily find the fully lean or rich stop points easily.  Ten turns
seems a bit much.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.  Trying to get my refreshed 6 back on the
road from a major engine drivetrain upgrade. Thanks I advance

Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL
** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html