...no subject...

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: ...no subject...
From: "Clay Yeatman" <cyeatman@amerhonda.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 3:19:00 EST
I went to the HSR race at Savannah on Nov 10-12.  Some questions came up:

1) The rules state:  "In every case the specific engine displacement must
be disclosed."  Does this mean I could increase displacement without limit
up to the class limit as long as I disclose it?  [Someone at the race
mentioned a 0.040"-over limit, but I don't see that in the rules.]  If I
put a TR6 engine in a GT6 that would move me from 3L to 3K?  Or would that
put me in a modified class?  Are modified classes only in Sports Challenge?

2) Rumor has it that Yokohama A008RS tires last longer than BFG Comp T/A R1
and Hossier Street TD's.  How about comparitive grip?

3) Do notes 1-5 apply to Sports Challenge only or to Vintage/Historic,
also?

I realize that vintage racing can be somewhat  *loose* as far as rules go,
but I would like to at least make an attempt to obey them.  Especially
before spending money and time on a car.

Thanks in advance for your help.