Re: ...no subject...

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ...no subject...
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 21:39:41 -0500
Clay Yeatman writes:
>2) Rumor has it that Yokohama A008RS tires last longer than BFG Comp T/A R1
>and Hossier Street TD's.  How about comparitive grip?

While I'm by _no_ means an expert on the subject, this is what I've picked up
from the autocross list --
The BFG's may have marginally more grip than the Yoko's, but their turn-in
is more crisp (or course, turn-in is different for road racing).  The BFG's
are
also more tolerant of camber, you can run the BFG's at 0-2 deg. neg., while
the Yoko's prefer 2+.  The BFG's are also more sensitive to pressure, and
may cord quickly on heavy understerring cars (stock Mustangs, Camaros,
etc.).  I've seen many complaints about the BFG's cording in the Groove o'
Doom (first groove in, apparently a hinge in the carcass), and Team T/A
(BFG's racing liaison arm) has some notes about that, but seem to be
blaming incorrect pressures and load.

Not many people are running the Hoosiers, so I haven't heard anything
about them.  All this is IM*very*HO, and I hope more people comment.
You may also try posting to the wheel-to-wheel and autocross lists --
wheeltowheel@abingdon.sun.com / autox@autox.team.net

Dave Williamson (silikal@aol.com) Spits in bits