Florida Regions SCCA Vintage Program

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Florida Regions SCCA Vintage Program
From: nobozos@ix.netcom.com (John A Rollins )
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 05:55:19 -0800
Just a quick addendum to my previous reply to the Vintage Philosophy
forum...

In my discussion of the vehicle preparation criteria for the SCCA
Vintage program in Florida I neglected to itemize those safety-related
items which must be present but are not period-authentic.  These
required items are:

   1.  SCCA-approved roll bar (inside full cage is strongly recommended
       but is not required).

   2.  Fuel cell.

   3.  Outside electrical kill switch.

   4.  Fire extinguisher (fire system recommended) onboard.

   5.  5 or 6 point driver restraint system including 3" lap belt.

   6.  Window net or driver arm restraint system.

   7.  Driver's equipment (Snell '95 helmet, 2-3 layer nomex, etc.)

All the items above are listed in the SCCA General Competition Rules
(GCRs) and are the same, except for the roll bar, for all classes of
SCCA racing - including Vintage.

Feel free to contact me directly with any other questions...

*8o]

John A. Rollins
SCCA Florida Region Vintage Race Coordinator