Re: 1996 London to Brighton Rally

To: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Subject: Re: 1996 London to Brighton Rally
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:15:21 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Dunst, Mordecai wrote:

>      NOVEMBER 14, 1896  -  NOVEMBER 14, 1996
>
>      Today is the 100th anniversary of the abolition of the RED FLAG RULE.
>
>      So what.
>
>      What does this have to do with this forum or anyone for that matter?
>      answer- EVERYTHING.

WRT vintage racers etc., I can say that I have been to the L2BVCR (London
to Brighton Veteran Car Run) and I can say that it was quite an amazing
turnout of of "real vintage" cars. Not racers, but pre '05 vehicles of
all types.

It was quite an event in 1991, I can only imagine how much larger the
100th would be.

Kool.

rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? Never enough.