RE: 1996 London to Brighton Rally

To: "'Vintage Race'" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1996 London to Brighton Rally
From: keith bennett <101551.20@compuserve.com>
Date: 15 Nov 96 16:26:48 EST
On 15 November 1996 10:51, Bob Lang wrote:
>It was quite an event in 1991, I can only imagine how much larger the
>100th would be.

There were more than 600 starters this year, all pre 1905, the oldest being 112
years old! I was marshalling at the start in Hyde Park as I have done for the
past few years, it's a great way to get the cars close up, and one of the few
things that I'll get up at 4 in the morning for!!

This year there was also a re-enactment of the very first run staged on the
Saturday before, including several of the very same vehicles that took part in
1896.

Keith Bennett                             101551.20@compuserve.com