Re: Vintage Race Car Restoration

To: fredns@snet.net
Subject: Re: Vintage Race Car Restoration
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 10:10:56 PST
You might want to check with the local vintage racing clubs BEFORE you
embark on an expen$ive restoration.  If the car was heavily modified,
some clubs may want you to undo all that.  Some may not care.  Some will
want the car restored to a "point in time" that represents the way the
car ran at some point in its actual history.  It pays to check with the
rulemakers of the clubs you intend to race with.  Before I bought my
car, I checked with the club it ran with, read copies of the log book
entries, etc.  Everybody I talked to said the car would have no problem
being accepted by even the most picky clubs.  They were right.