Re: "Historic" Stock Cars

To: Tony Drews <tmccis@revealed.net>
Subject: Re: "Historic" Stock Cars
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 06:40:04 -0600
> To all,

I'm afraid I have to go along with Gary's original post. I don't like
seeing 5 year old "obsolete cars" at vintage events.

I think people are confusing a couple of issues. I too like watching
these cars race. Of course, when I'm on the road, at a lonely hotel,
I'll watch a tractor pull or go kart racing. Any racing is worth
watching for the true addict that has the need for speed.

Point is, whether the stock cars belong in vintage... and in my opinion,
they don't. They're not vintage. I'd love to see stock cars from the
50's, 60's, and early 70's race. Maybe they don't exist anymore. But we
don't see 'em.

Track time is the key issue... prices at events continue to rise, and
track time is diminishing. Just because 5 year old stock cars are a
bargain, go really fast, make lots of noise, and are owned by
"prominent" members of the vintage community, doesn't mean they should
be getting valuable track time.

My opinion.

WST
Team Thicko